Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Potty Training

We started encouraging potty use a little bit more this week. So far it is both challenging and going well. It is going well because Joshua is more than happy to use it anytime we suggest it for the most part. I know a lot of my friends have not had this situation so that was a pleasant surprise. He has had a couple accidents, but overall it's going pretty well. The bad thing is he is totally trying to game the system. He gets a treat (either an M&M or part of a piece of gum. He most often chooses the gum.) when he uses the potty. So he wants to go every five minutes and will sit there quite awhile to produce a couple drops to get his prize. I am not sure how to handle that since I want to encourage him to use the potty, but also really don't have the time to devote every second of my day to helping him with this. We'll see how it goes as we continue with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment