Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Sometimes Snow Isn't Snow

A few weeks ago when our family was arriving at church, there were very few parking spots left.  One of the only remaining spots had a little pile of snow in it.  It wasn't very big, so I just drove over it.  The next day as I went out to the driveway to go to work I noticed the front corner of the bumper was crumpled and caved in.  Thinking back to the previous day at church, I realized the pile of snow must have iced over, although we didn't feel or hear anything at the time.  We were driving the CX-9 at the time (if you were picturing my RX-8, please share with me sometime where you were imagining all the kids fitting), so that meant we were going to be without it for a few days while it was being fixed.  I chose a body shop that provided a courtesy car.  We weren't sure at the time if we would need to transfer the car seats to the new car, so I requested another CX-9.  In the end, the repair was only scheduled to take a couple days, so we decided it wasn't worth switching the car seats out.  I drove it to work today since the repair is due to be completed before the end of the day, and I'm the one picking up the car.  Here I am with the cool black CX-9.  I really wish ours was black, but instead it's "Dolphin Gray", which is nice, but it's not black.  Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment