Friday, August 23, 2013

Date Night at The Farmhouse


I pretty much always have a mental list of places I'd like Meghan and myself to try for a nice dinner out.  One of the places on my list has been The Farmhouse, which is a restaurant in River Market specializing in upscale food made from ingredients from local farms.  We had a date night tonight, so I decided on The Farmhouse as our dinner destination.  Meghan had the hanger steak, which was fantastic, and I had the pork confit, which wasn't quite as great but was still pretty darn good.  I ordered a cocktail called the Punch & Flip, which include egg whites, among other things.  But the most interesting thing about it was the design on the top made of creme de violette.  It was a rooster, which is the logo of the restaurant.  We were able to eat out on the patio, as the rare-for-this-summer hot day had cooled down to be a pleasant evening, so it made for a great way to enjoy a great meal together.

No comments:

Post a Comment