Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Farmstead Fun

I keep wanting to bring the kids to an open gym they have in Overland Park each Tuesday and Wednesday, but it's only available from 9-11am, which is a real stretch for us and only possibly doable for us to get there by 10. So once again that's not what we did today. I figure there will be plenty of time to think about it this winter when we can't go outside and maybe that will motivate me to get out of the house so early. So we went to Deanna Rose instead.

We started out at Morgan's Playground, which is perfect for really tiny kids. If Hannah could walk, it would be a great size for her as well. In fact Joshua had a great time at that same playground when he was just a little younger than Hannah is now. Even though Joshua can use larger playgrounds, he still really likes this one.

Next we went to the dairy barn. Joshua got to ring some bells and both he and Clara liked to watch the baby cow and goats.

Feeding the baby goats was a huge hit. Joshua was a little overwhelmed at how much they wanted it. But Clara thought it was hilarious and loved it.

The kids in one of the many bench swings around the farm. I imagined an adorable picture where they were all looking at me, but they were too excited about the fact that it moved.
We did try the pedal tractors this time. Joshua really didn't get how to make it go. I wish we had a place to practice. I don't feel comfortable with him in the street if I have more than one kid with me even though we do live on a cul-de-sac.

No comments:

Post a Comment