Thursday, August 8, 2013

Not a Jersey Boy


As best I can tell, no one likes New Jersey.  It has a reputation for being dirty, run-down, mob-driven, trash-filled, and just generally depressing, compounded by rude people.  It's called the Garden State, and I'm guessing that maybe somewhere there are gardens or green areas or anything pleasant at all, but I didn't see it.  Every time I've flown in or out of NYC, I've gone through JFK or LaGuardia.  Today, though, the best flight home was through Newark, which meant I had to venture into New Jersey for the first time in my life (unless I was there as a small child when we lived in Massachusetts).  It was just as unpleasant as I expected.  Again, probably some places in the state are nice, I'm assuming.  But from NYC to the Newark airport I saw nothing but depression.  Here I am in front of some concrete and dirty junkiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment