Sunday, April 28, 2013

Dirt Lovers: Joshua and the Worms


Another benefit of spring: worms.  I was mowing today and found a couple worms.  I thought Joshua might like them.  He's seen them in books (Richard Scarry and whatnot), but never a real one up close, as far as I know.  So I brought him out on the back deck (Meghan seems like the kind of responsible adult who might frown on people playing with worms in her house) and let him see them.  He was sort of scared at first.  I held them in my hand, and he wasn't sure what to make of them.  I encouraged him to "pet" them, and he did.  He was okay with them after that and was even willing to hold them in his own hands.  We talked about how worms live in the dirt and like to eat dirt, which was intriguing and perplexing to him.  We then released them into a wet part of the grass (it recently rained), and they went on their wormy way.

No comments:

Post a Comment