Saturday, April 13, 2013

Trucks and Big Rigs!

Today Joshua and I had a date. In most months, I don't really think about what to do too far ahead of time because usually our schedule only makes it possible to do it on a single Saturday, so I am constrained by date and it also depends on how the weather is going to be. It was the same way this month, but I was really happy to see that our date day corresponded to when Johnson County Parks & Rec was having their Trucks and Big Rigs event and the weather was moderate. This is an annual event where they have a variety of vehicles for kids to check out and sit in.

Joshua didn't actually like this event in the way that I thought he would. He didn't like sitting in the trucks that much. He told me they were too high and dangerous. He also didn't like that the horns and sirens were going off so much (since the kids were allowed to do it, this was constant). He told me it was too loud and I totally agreed. But he really enjoyed climbing on the exteriors and finding dirt on the trucks and rocks. Especially the dirt. And we ate nachos from a food truck and he really liked them.

Rocks in the bulldozerWe love the fedex truck!



Dirt stuck to the back of the truckYummy nachos


Driving the Police CarMore Dirt!

We ended the day with Sonic where he got a cream slush and he sat in the front seat beside me as we ate (or drank I guess) our ice cream. He was really excited about the cupholder and put his cup in and took it out several times. He really liked his, but he said my root beer float was too spicy.

No comments:

Post a Comment