Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Touring the JSC


Today I had a Maximo event in Houston. My company wanted to have a booth and to be a sponsor, so I went as the technical lead since Houston is in my territory.  The event was held on the grounds of the Johnson Space Center,  All of the event attendees were invited to go on tour at the end of the day.  I love these types of science/educational things, so I happily accepted the invitation.  We got to see the mockup of the International Space Station where the astronauts train before being deployed there, the old Mission Control room (This was where "Houston, we have a problem" was actually heard.  The new Mission Control is not accessible to the public), and an actual Saturn V rocket.  It's housed in a giant warehouse, and it's amazing how big it actually is.  It's way bigger than it looks in this photo, and it's actually taller than the Statue of Liberty.  It was a really interesting tour, and I'm glad I got the chance to go on it.

 


Meghan has recently started using Instagram as a way to send me pictures of the kids on some days when I'm at work or traveling.  Today she sent me this picture of Clara.  It's a cute picture, but it's also notable because Clara was actually eating dinner.  Normally she eats a big breakfast and lunch but not much at dinner, so hopefully this is a positive trend.

No comments:

Post a Comment