Sunday, February 10, 2013

Dad Runs The Show (For A Day)

Since we decided on our new church, we've gone every week to church and Sunday School.  This morning, though, it seemed sickness was starting to make its way into our household, so we decided to stay home.  By mid-morning it was obvious that it was the right decision, as both Hannah and Meghan were suffering from flu-like symptoms.  I was feeling fine, and Clara and Joshua seemed fine, so while Meghan was laying in bed sick trying not to throw up too often, I knew it was going to be a day of being a single dad.  Somehow Meghan does this every time I'm out of town, but it's not as easy for me.  I decided our morning activity could be the safari maze.  I set it up only to be disappointed by the kids' general lack of interest in it.  They would crawl through it briefly and then move on to something else.  I did manage to capture this picture of the two of them interacting in the tunnel, but that was about the only time they seemed to enjoy it.  Oh well.  After lunch we went outside to play in the yard and swing before naptime.  During naptime I went to run an errand and procure dinner.  Since Meghan wasn't going to be making her normal excellent meal, or any meal for that matter, I brought home the next-best thing: Chipotle.  Meghan's not a huge fan like I am, so I took the opportunity to serve a quality Chipotle meal to the non-sick members or our family.  We all enjoyed it.  After putting the kids to bed, I checked on Meghan, who was thankfully doing better, so hopefully she recovers and Hannah feels better and we can all be well again soon.    

No comments:

Post a Comment