Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Living Like Minnesotans

The gigantic storm we got Monday should be a once-every-five-or-ten-years type of thing.  Instead, it was the second one in three years.  And now, it's the second one in five days, as we got hammered again today.  By this afternoon we had about 10 inches, and snow is still falling and is expected to continue at least a little more through the night, meaning by the time it's done we should have 2 feet of accumulation since last Thursday.  That's crazy.  I need to leave for the airport tomorrow morning in my little car, so I shoveled most of the entire driveway already, but I'll have to finish it late tonight and then probably shovel it again tomorrow morning before I leave.  Here you can see me as I began shoveling the first time.  You can see how deep it is by the wall of snow it made up against where the garage door was.

I'm normally not creative when it comes to thinking about food and treats, but today I decided we should have some snow ice cream.  I found a recipe online and made some for us for dessert.  It was really quite good.  Here Meghan enjoys her bowl of it while Hannah wishes she could have some in bottle form.

No comments:

Post a Comment