Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Eating With Minnesotans

My sales territory changes periodically.  I mentioned recently how I am losing Illinois and Ohio (except for a couple accounts) and the surrounding states, but in exchange for that I now have Minnesota as well as some midwest states.  The new sales rep, Jay, started in Minnesota last month, and he's now getting up to speed, so we are now going on meetings together.  I was excited about this not only because I think Minnesota is a good territory to have, but also because I have friends and family in Minnesota.  I haven't had Minnesota as my territory in a few years, although I did get to travel there two years ago and was able to take advantage of it by meeting Dad and Deb for dinner.  Now that I'll be going there occasionally again, I hope to be able to do that more often.  Tonight was the first opportunity to do that, so we met at a restaurant called El Rodeo in Maple Grove.  The service was a bit lacking, but the food was good.  I like spicy foods, and Dad does too, but he met his match tonight as he asked for extra hot salsa on his burrito and for his chips.  Midway through the meal he was literally sweating and had to frequently mop the sweat off his face.  I was impressed by his bravery, but I think next time he'll probably just stick with the regular salsa.

1 comment: