Friday, February 8, 2013

Office Mall

Today I went to our business meeting, except it wasn't at a normal place of business, or at least not the type of business my company does.  Our customer needed more office space in their building, but since there wasn't enough, they leased space in a nearby fledgling mall, and that's where our business meeting was today.  So my sales rep Jim and I parked our car in the mall parking lot and walked into an unlabeled entryway amongst the various mall stores.  They had renovated the space to include cubicles and conference rooms, so it was sort of like an office building, but it still felt mall-like, or at least department store-like.  It made for a weird experience, but I applaud them for coming up with a clever solution to their problem.  I'm also pretty sure it was the first time anyone paid me to spend time in a mall.

No comments:

Post a Comment