Monday, February 18, 2013

The Mall


Today Clara and I took advantage of Jason having the day off and had our date day for this month. I wasn't really sure what to do because the weather wasn't nice and she is young enough that most places that charge for admission are going to be far from worth it for her. She is basically the opposite of me and is a little extrovert who is totally energized by crowds and people. She also loves walking around without holding hands. So I decided to take her to the Great Mall. It, despite the name, is a pretty non-great mall, but it isn't very crowded so I could let her roam free, but there are still enough people where she got to say hi a lot.

So we started our day by going to Walmart and getting a few things, which she loved. She got to hold her new socks and then hand them to the cashier. She also got to say hi to lots of people (she loves saying hi. As does Joshua.). Then we went to the mall and she was practically drunk with her freedom. She walked and walked and they have this play structure in the middle of the mall she crawled on (which it looked pretty gross, but what can you do) for a long time. She said hi to every single person we saw. Then we went to Panera for lunch where she got a sandwich and a cookie. She also greeted even more people and she ate a ton.

I think she had a good time and the main thing is we spent some good one-on-one time together.

1 comment:

  1. The traditions you're establishing, including spending one on one time with each child, are so cool. How special for you and them to be able to have all those memories. I know I'm your age but I'm pretty sure I want you as my Mommy!

    ReplyDelete