Thursday, February 21, 2013

Snow Day!

A couple years ago we had a big snowstorm that resulted in some really deep snow.  That was the only time I can remember us getting a foot or more of snow, so it's a pretty rare event.  But this year we got a nearly identical storm, with another 12 to 14 inches.  It fell very fast this morning, and within a few hours we went from nothing to having at least 10 inches.  When I went to let the dogs outside I found this wall of snow, so I had to shovel a path for them.  I then tackled the driveway.  I thought Joshua would enjoy it, so when he work up from his nap I got him dressed and brought him out with me.  He mostly enjoyed commenting on the amount of snow and trying to find big chunks that he could hold.  He liked eating the snow ("Eat snow!"  Mmmm, yummy!") and then throwing it and watching it smash on the ground.  Of course this was on an area I had already shoveled, but I was enjoying seeing him be that happy, so I didn't mind the re-shoveling. 

No comments:

Post a Comment