Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Goin' Down to (a very small amount of) the River Jordan

Our new church is a Baptist church. As the name suggests, they are strong believers in baptism since, though it is not in any way related to salvation, it is a way to show obedience to Jesus by following His example. Jason had been baptized by immersion as a teenager, but I never had. I really was nervous to do it because you have to do it in front of the church and I am super shy, but I also felt it was something I wanted to do. So I did it, even though it was very difficult for me, though I did choose to do it on a Wednesday so it was only like maybe a hundred people or so. I would like to say something encouraging like, "A feeling of peace came over me and I wasn't nervous". Except that didn't happen and I was super shaky and nervous. It was pretty quick, though, and when it was over I definitely was glad I did it.

No comments:

Post a Comment