Friday, February 15, 2013

Shirt Off!

Here is Joshua playing with his favorite ball (he loves everything about it since his favorite type of ball is a football and he loves Powercats). You might be thinking, "Why isn't he wearing a shirt in the dead of winter?" It's because he loves removing clothing. Especially his shirt. I decided to stop focusing on potty training awhile back because I didn't feel I could give it the time it requires, but he refused to quit and would just take all his clothes off and do it himself so we are doing potty training again. (he is not potty trained yet, but he definitely tells us most of the times he has to go). I hate one-piece pajamas after a kid is not a tiny baby. Yet every night we have to put him in something like this and put it on backwards so he won't be able to unzip it. If we don't, when we go get him in the morning, he is naked. No pajamas, no diaper, nothing.  Luckily Costco sells those pajamas for cheap. However, this is pretty manageable because when he isn't alone, we just tell him he has to wear pants. He accepts that. But he is completely unwilling to wear a shirt about half the time and I don't really care that much so I let it go. Every morning I put a shirt on him when he gets dressed. And most mornings after breakfast, he hides behind the couch and comes back with no shirt and says, "Shirt Off!", completely proud of his accomplishment. If there are buttons on the shirt, he is especially proud. I really work hard to teach my kids how to do things and help them be self-sufficient in an age-appropriate way. It so happens that Joshua also has a fairly independent personality so he really likes doing his own thing so I don't have to work very hard to teach him life skills. I am glad he can remove his clothing. But I would prefer it if he didn't want to do it quite so often.

No comments:

Post a Comment