Saturday, February 16, 2013

Manhappiness

Since Joanna is soon going to be getting married to Kirk and moving to Houston, I want to be sure to take advantage of opportunities to see her.  We both love K-State and attending games, so I figured we should find a way to go to a basketball game before the season's over.  We actually went to a game in each of her first two years at K-State and hoped to do it every year, but that didn't quite work out.  But we were determined to do it this year, so we'd planned today as the day for the game against Baylor.  It was an evening game, so I drove down in the early afternoon, and we had lunch at Coco Bolo's.  We wanted to walk around Aggieville, but it was really cold and windy, so we mostly stayed inside.  We later drove over to Bramlage and got really good seats for the game.  We met up with Kirk, and we all enjoyed K-State's easy 20-point win over the Bears, which kept us tied with KU and OSU at the top of the conference standings.  Afterward, Joanna and I drove around Manhattan so I could see what had changed and so we'd have a chance to talk some more, and then we went to Kirk's apartment where the three of us got to hang out for awhile before I had to leave for the trek back to Olathe.  It was a fun day, but it makes me a little sad thinking that Joanna's going to be graduating and moving away.  It's been so fun having my little sister as a K-State student and getting to hang out with her.  Hopefully her stay in Houston is a relatively short one and they can move back soon.

1 comment:

  1. Aww, I miss Manhattan! I wish I was there to go with you guys!

    ReplyDelete