Monday, May 20, 2013

A Bummer of a Beach Trip

Today we went to the beach. I had high hopes because Jason and I love the beach, but the kids weren't really fans. Joshua was okay with it, but too scared of the waves. Clara hated every part of it from the sand to the water. Hannah did her part by staying in the shelter and napping a bit, but overall it wasn't that fun. Maybe next year when the kids are older, they will see how awesome it is. I think we will try the pool tomorrow.

After nap,we walked to dinner at a Mexican restaurant in Seacrest Beach. It was a very nice night and we were having a great meal, but the girls kind of ran out of steam since it was a late dinner and our food took forever on top of that. I ended up getting my food boxed up and took it home so I could put them to bed (part of the beauty of a walkable community). Jason and Joshua got to have a fun little mini-date as they finished their dinner and also got ice cream for dessert.


Except for the kids not liking the beach, which I found a little disappointing, it was a great day and we had a lot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment