Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Finished for at Least Five Months


Even though we have lived here for quite awhile now (somehow almost two years?), there are still rooms and areas that I haven't really gotten to in terms of decoration or organization. Every area works for now, but for example I very much would like to better organize the basement and do something with the spare room. One of the more public areas of our house that I hadn't gotten done was the hall. But I have finally finished that one, so that's great. I did a photo gallery wall above the stairs and then a wedding shadow box with pictures of Jason and I by the spare room. I am really happy with the way the gallery wall turned out, especially since I had a moment of panic after I had purchased our large family picture that it was much too large. But after hanging everything, I think it works in the space. That light switch made things a little bit difficult, which bothers me, but not enough to move every picture 6 inches to the left. The only thing I still have to do is in the hall outside the kids rooms, I have pictures of their monthly photos for the first year and Hannah's isn't up yet since she doesn't have enough months completed to fill the frame. So really I am just waiting on her, which is a good feeling not to have anything I need to be doing for now.

4 comments:

  1. I think that looks great! It is amazing how much time it can take to finalize things in a house. We have been in ours for over 6 years and there are still several very blank walls...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job - it looks beautiful and helps make a house into a home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, good job. It looks really great! We definitely need more photos in our house, but I feel like it's weird to put too many of just me and Sam since we don't have kids.

    ReplyDelete