Friday, May 24, 2013

Last Day

Today is the last day of our vacation that doesn't involve driving. We spent the early part of the day at my parents' house, so we could see them one last time before we left.

Both kids loved rocking in this rocker, which my parents have had my entire life. Clara especially took ownership of this chair (she recently heard Joshua tell her something was "mine" and really latched onto that word. I think she was happy there was a word to express something she so deeply believes in)

My dad grilled us a yummy lunch while we had fun in the backyard. Joshua unfortunately decimated some of my parents tomato crop, but otherwise it went well.

The kids ate picnic-style and Joshua enjoyed his corn.

After lunch, we took a walk around their neighborhood to see the bay and give the kids an energy-outlet. Clara really enjoyed walking by herself with my mom.

After our walk, we had a little time for Grandma and Grandpa to be silly with the kids.

But then it was time to say goodbye. Besides saying bye to my parents, Joshua had to say farewell to his new very good friends: Katie and Charlie. Clara warmed up to the dogs as well (they are a little bigger than the dogs she is used to), but Joshua absolutely loved them.

After we got home, Jason, Joshua, and Clara went swimming in the pool one more time before Jason and I put the kids to bed and started packing. It has been such a fun time here and so great to see my family. I feel like I have always been sad to leave every vacation place, no matter how long we have there and this is no exception. Tomorrow we start our drive home. We plan to drive to St. Louis tomorrow and then drive home Sunday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment