Thursday, May 30, 2013

My Almost-Army-Crawler



Hannah is definitely my most content child and the least motivated to move. She just sits around (literally) being super thrilled with her life. Which is a great quality to have, really. Both the other two started army crawling well before this age and were accomplished crawlers by now. Clara was pulling up by now and Joshua wasn't far behind. But Hannah just doesn't have a lot of motivation to change things up. If I were that happy, I guess I wouldn't either. However, she has recently been thinking there might be something more to life and shown some interest in moving. She can roll around to reach things. And lately she has been in this position quite a lot, which I think is called a "mini push-up" and is definitely a first step to mobility.

Today for the first time, I saw her scooch just a little and reach for something she was curious about. I don't consider this a full "army crawl" in terms of recording it for the baby book because she only moved one half her body and I think she needs to move both halves to count it, but she seems to be on the cusp of figuring it out. I am really excited to see her become more of a mover and watch her discover her world, though I am also glad she is staying my sweet cuddly baby for just a little while longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment