Tuesday, November 12, 2013

A Hesitant Walker

Hannah reach a milestone today when she took at least three steps on her own (that's kind of my minimum to consider it walking. One step with each foot, and then one more is really going somewhere and not a fluke, so I consider today the day she walked). She was very proud and I was really happy to see her excited to move. She is still kind of reluctant to take too many steps. Some kids just take off once they start and I don't think she'll do that. She likes a lot of reassurance that this new thing is okay and she doesn't like to fall at all (not that anyone really loves it, but she has a bigger problem with it than a lot of kids). However, I do think she'll gain more confidence all the time and just get gradually better and more excited about walking around. I am excited to help her experience this new phase of mobility and I think she'll be able to enjoy hanging out with Joshua and Clara a bit more once she can keep up with them a little better.

No comments:

Post a Comment