Wednesday, November 13, 2013

The Importance of a Locked Door



We keep Joshua's door shut at night, and he knows he's not supposed to come out, and he generally adheres to that. But there's a jack-and-jill bathroom between his room and Clara's room, and his self control isn't as good with that one, so we try to keep it locked from the inside of the bathroom (it has a small hole on the side in his room to let us open it if needed).  I guess I forgot to lock it tonight, as about 20 minutes after we put him to bed, we heard him crying loudly.  We opened the door to find that he had gone in the bathroom, found some lotion, and squirted it everywhere in his room.  On his bed, on Hannah's crib (she wasn't sleeping in there tonight), on the walls, and all over the carpet.  I cleaned as much up as I could with a cloth, but I knew it was going to need more extensive cleaning, so I broke out the steam cleaner.  I steam cleaned the room, and Meghan had him wait outside the room in the hallway.  I guess it was too late for him, because when I went out to get him, he was fast asleep under his blanket.

1 comment:

  1. Oh yea. I have had the same experience with paper powder, lotion, and once with a bleach pen (which I NEVER have bought since). The bleach pen they drew all over the carpet and it was ruined. I just love reading your blog. Ahhhh, the memories. Lexi has recently gotten int Cadence nail polish and did some damage in her bathroom.

    ReplyDelete