Friday, November 29, 2013

Braving Black Friday

I'm not a big shopper, but I do occasionally need some new clothes.  And like anyone, I would prefer to pay as little as possible for them.  A few years ago I decided the best way to achieve this would be to go shopping on Black Friday.  It went really well, and for the last few years I've had a planned shopping day on Black Friday to Oak Park Mall.  It's not quite like the typical Black Friday shopping experience, as I don't try to get there at 4am or 6am, and I'm not busting down any doors.  I usually shoot for late morning.  I'm also not looking for big screen TVs or toasters or whatever.  I'm mostly just trying to get some clothes, as it's pretty much the only time I shop for clothes each year.  Crowds don't bother me or stress me out, so it's not really much different than what I'd expect on a random Saturday.  Parking is tough, and the check-out lines are kinda long, but it's not bad.  It's actually sort of peaceful for me, as I go to the various stores I have in mind for my primary destinations.  This year, like in year's past, I got some ridiculously good deals on some clothes, mostly at Dillard's and Macy's.  My other goal for this year was to get a watch, as my previous nice watch had broken.  I had some money saved up from my birthday gifts, and I used that to get a watch I really like.  So it was yet another successful Black Friday for me: easy, care-free, and productive.

No comments:

Post a Comment