Saturday, November 9, 2013

Monster's Bowl

Christine and Eric somewhat recently gave us a kids' bowling set, with plush monsters for pins.  As is the case with many toys, the first time I broke out the set, the kids had marginal interest in it, but tonight I tried again, and they really took to it.  I showed them how to set up the pins, and I tried to teach them to roll the ball toward them, but they pretty much ignored that advice and decided the most effective way to knock down the pins would be to thrown the ball at them.  I have to give them credit, because that's basically true, although that's not really bowling.  But we weren't exact playing under the auspices of a major bowling league, so throwing the ball was fine.  They had fun, and I really liked it too, as it sort of had the feel of playing sports with them, which is something I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment