Wednesday, November 20, 2013

The Future of Vending Machines


I love technology, especially when it shows up in everyday life.  For example, I really liked the Coke Freestyle machine the first time I saw it.  Today in the Minneapolis airport, I saw something I'd never seen before: completely digital vending machines.  They had one for pop in which images of all the different options would slowly move down a three-dimensional spiral, occasionally doing a little dance to help attract passers-by.  The nearby snack machine was similar.  This would seem to be a great idea, as it's likely to attract more attention due to the bright and animated display.  Also, it allows them to have more options, as they don't need to have a physical button on the front for each one.  I suspect this is something I'll see more and more in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment