Friday, November 8, 2013

Save money. Live better. Call it a Spark.

I travel to a lot of different companies for my job.  Many are companies I've never heard of before we start talking with them.  Sometimes, though, it's a company with which I have some familiarity.  Our company has long been trying to get some business with Walmart, and today we got the closest to that goal that we've been in a long time, if not ever.  We had an on-site presentation and demonstration at the headquarters in Bentonville, AR.  Because the weather is still nice, and I love driving, and Bentonville has a small airport, I decided it made sense for me to drive down there, as it's only a 3.5-hour drive.  I drove down last night, and we had our presentation, which went well, and then drove back home this afternoon.  I've been in Walmart stores hundreds of times in my life, so I was interested to see their offices, which were more modern and colorful than I expected.  My colleague Dwight, the sales rep, mentioned to our contact on the way out that he noticed the star on the outside of the building.  Our contact quickly and somewhat tersely said, "It's a spark."  I guess they take their branding pretty seriously.  So here I am by the giant sign outside their headquarters with the current name (it used to have a hyphen in it), slogan, and logo, which I now know is a spark.  Not a star.  A spark.

No comments:

Post a Comment