Sunday, November 17, 2013

The Final House Frontier


We've been in this house for two years, and by now we've mostly redone the areas/rooms that we've wanted to make changes to how it was when we moved in.  The garage is one of the last areas that needs work.  This is probably because Meghan was in charge of most of the rest, and the garage is under my purview.  Regardless, it's been a goal of mine to work on it this fall, so the past couple weekends I've spent time going through the various sections of the garage reorganizing what needed to be organized, and throwing away what needed to be thrown away.  It's not completely done, but I've made great progress. Today I re-assembled a shelving unit that we had in the HVAC closet of our old house but that had gone unused thus far in this house.  Joshua really wanted to help with this process and also just to generally be in the garage to play with all the cool stuff, so he and I spent the afternoon on it.  By dinner time, we had an assembled shelf with many items already stored on it.  This reminded me of a previous time when he was with me while I worked on an extensive garage project.  This time, he was a little more helpful, but not a ton.  He was certainly more fun this time though.  He mostly walked around the garage finding things and saying, "Whoa!  What is this, Dad?"  Here I am with my little garage helper/explorer.

No comments:

Post a Comment