Monday, November 11, 2013

Rockets and Raptors


I'm a big sports fan who loves pretty much every sport. I've been to a lot of different games in my life, including many MLB games and a few NFL games. But I'd never been to an NHL game or an NBA game, largely because Kansas City doesn't have a professional hockey or basketball team. Last week when my sales rep Dwight was planning our trip to Houston, he said we were going to try to take one of our potential customers to the Rockets game. I was really hoping it would work out, as I was really excited at the opportunity to finally see an NBA game.  It did, and that's what we did tonight. We got to see the Rockets play the Toronto Raptors.   It was an exciting game that even had a buzzer-beating three-pointer to send it into overtime! We had pretty good seats, and it was a little surreal to see Kevin McHale (the former Celtics great who now coaches Houston), Dwight Howard, James Harden, Jeremy Lin and others in person not too far from me. It was a lot of fun, and I'm glad I can now say I've finally been to an NBA game.

No comments:

Post a Comment