Monday, June 24, 2013

A Big Bra

Lately Joshua has gotten to the age where we have to be on guard against him making people feel bad. Like he wants to call any remotely middle-aged woman or man grandma or grandpa. He also has recently become very interested in big tummies since Aunt Julie is nine months pregnant and actually does have kind of a big tummy at the moment. However, it doesn't take much imagination to realize that identifying big tummies probably isn't going to go well. One day he was making big tummies out of playdough (he is very interested in big tummies) and mentioned that I had a big tummy. We talked about how we don't tell people they have a big or small tummy, we just say they have a tummy. I doubt that really sunk in, but it's a start. Apparently not enough of one though. Today I was putting Joshua to bed and he put his blanket in his shirt and I asked him why he was being so silly. He told me he wanted a big bra like me. And then he was excited that he had one after stuffing the blanket in there. I guess I'd rather be identified with having a big bra compared to a big tummy, but only marginally. So still some work to do there.

1 comment:

  1. If I read his shirt correctly, "Awesome Like Daddy", that makes this post even better! Jason, he just wants to be awesome like you!!

    ReplyDelete