Sunday, June 30, 2013

Red Room

One of the really great things about our church is the children's program. However, it does take a lot of volunteers to make that happen. I wish I could say I love children so much that I am signed up for regular nursery duty, but I am not. I really don't love hanging out with other people's kids. But I feel like it's pretty selfish for us to have three kids in the nursery every week and not be willing to help when needed. So I have told the nursery coordinator that we are willing to work when she needs help. Today was a fifth Sunday which means they don't have anyone regular signed up, so she called me and asked if Jason and I were willing to work. We were able to work and were assigned to the red room, which is older one-year-olds. It went reasonably well and Clara was able to come in with us even though she is normally in a different room. Here I am reading a book to two of the kids. We probably will be working on occasion and I would be totally happy to work in this room again.

No comments:

Post a Comment