Thursday, June 6, 2013

Little Helpers

I try to vacuum at least a couple times a week because we have dogs. This is one of the few cleaning tasks I can successfully complete when the kids are awake, so I also always do this when they are up and playing. One of the surprising consequences of this is that they really look forward to vacuuming time. They both love it and everything about it from pushing the button to turn it on or off to pushing the vacuum back into the closet when we are done. Recently, Joshua wanted a "turn" with the vacuum. And he really liked it so he has been asking for it every time since. Today, Clara also decided she wanted a turn. She is too small to really hold or push the big vacuum though. Joshua is barely big enough to do it. So I gave her the bare floor attachment. Giving them turns really slows me down, but I think it's worth it to involve them and also hopefully they will grow up being used to contributing to chores. Although I suspect that once they get good enough to actually clean something thoroughly, that will coincidentally be about the time they lose interest in cleaning.

No comments:

Post a Comment