Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Home in the Hawkeye State

Nearly all of my business trips involve flying, but every now and then it's some place I can get to by car.  Sometimes it's Wichita or St. Louis, but this time it was Iowa.  Other than Kansas, where I've now lived for more than half my life, Iowa is my "home" state, so I'm always happy to go back there.  Several years ago I was able to see my grandparents while I was there, but I didn't have time to do that on this trip.  I had a meeting in Cedar Rapids, which is a five and a half hour drive for me.  As I've mentioned before, I love driving, so if it's at all reasonable to get there by car, I will.  So I drove there last night, and we had a business meeting this morning, and I drove home after that.  It was a lot of hours in the car, but with the windows down, sunroof open, and music cranked, I could drive all day.  And including stops for fuel and dinner, I pretty much did.  

No comments:

Post a Comment