Sunday, June 16, 2013

Father's Day: First with All Three


I flew home from Vegas today, just in time to see the kids before bedtime.  They had to stay up a little past their bedtime, but it was worth it for me to get to see them on Father's Day.  We started off enjoying some caramel mini-cakes that Meghan had made for me, knowing how much I love caramel.  We then opened cards.  I thought we could get a nice picture of me with all three kids first without cards, and then with cards.  But the above picture is how things started out, with all of them only barely tolerating the process.  It quickly got worse from there and ended up with this:

Even Hannah was annoyed with the process.  So we didn't really get the picture we'd hoped for.  Joshua and Clara got down, and Hannah must have been relieved not to be crowded anymore, as she cheered up enough to take a picture of me with the cards.  Meghan got me a nice card from her, and she made a really great card from the kids and pets.  Here you can see an image of the kid portion of it (the three pets had a similar setup also with the letters on the inside of the card)::

Unfortunately the wedding was this weekend, so I didn't get a full day at home today, but it was still a special day, as it was my first Father's Day as a father of three.  We certainly didn't expect to have so many kids so quickly, but it's been such a blessing to us, and I love all three of my little ones so much.  I love having them all as children now, and I know I'll only love it more as they continue to grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment