Thursday, June 13, 2013

I Scream, You Scream, We All Scream for the Last Time

Today Peg came over and watched the kids while I went to VBS. I think they appreciated being home and being able to sleep in so it was super nice of her especially because one of their cars is in the shop so they temporarily only have one. Since Ron was at work after he dropped Peg off this morning, I drove her home after VBS. Because the kids and I were out anyway, I decided to get some Sonic and bring it home and eat/drink it. It was delicious and we all enjoyed it, though Joshua probably enjoyed it the most. It's hard to beat his over-the-top delight in ice cream. Later in the afternoon, the doctor called me with Clara's biopsy results from her procedure on Monday. Everything is normal and healthy except they did find she is lactose intolerant. Though we are super glad to know she has no serious medical conditions, it's kind of a bummer because that's something that never goes away and I hate denying her fun things like ice cream and grilled cheese. Though it is possible cheese may be something she can eat. There are varying degrees of lactose intolerance and it's kind of trial-by-error to figure it out. But milk and cream are pretty much not okay for anyone with this issue. So this may be her last milk shake that we don't make at home. In general I think this is something we can work with since most places have other types of treats (like slushies at sonic) and I enjoy making my own ice cream so I am sure I could make something for her here at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment