Saturday, September 14, 2013

Fun in Antioch Park

 Today I had a date day with Clara. Like my recent date with Joshua, we started it at Hobby Lobby, because why not. Clara was kind of amazed by how many different types of things were in that store. I sort of feel the same way. That is one store I just cannot get out of in less than 30 minutes.

 After that, we stopped by Sonic and got a snack. Since Clara is incredibly picky, I had brought her a granola bar, but I also got her a juice, which she enjoyed drinking while dancing to Radio Sonic in the front seat.

After our snack, I decided to take her to the park since it was such a perfect day. We went to Antioch Park, which is a little farther north than I usually go. We had a really fun time. Even though all the kids and I go to the park together a lot, she gets to have a lot more fun when it's just us. She got to walk on her own a lot because I knew I could catch her without the others to also watch. We walked around the lake and she liked watching the ducks.

After our walk, we went to the playground, where she had a lot of fun. She gets a little intimidated by big kids and the park was super crowded, but she had a lot of fun climbing and going down the various slides. She hasn't yet gotten old enough to be afraid of all that much, so she was willing to climb almost anything she could get her feet on.

We also went and played in those little buildings they have there. She liked walking on the boardwalk and looking out the windows and doors and running through the buildings. In a few years, that will be a lot of fun for the kids to play hide and seek together. After our fun at the park, we enjoyed a lunch at Panera and took a cookie home to share with everyone else. We had a really fun day.

No comments:

Post a Comment