Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Not an Ideal Birthday


Today is my birthday.  I've known for several days that today was going to be a rough day.  I have a huge presentation tomorrow in Louisiana, and it's taken me many hours to prepare.  I had to spend all day yesterday in Chicago, limiting my prep time.  I only got a couple hours of sleep on Sunday night (I had a super early flight Monday morning), a couple hours last night, and I'll probably only get a couple hours tonight, if any, before I have to get ready at 3:30am for my 6:00am flight tomorrow morning.  So knowing this was going to be a bad day offering me no time to really enjoy a birthday celebration, I told Meghan I would rather do cards and gifts this coming Friday when I knew I would be able to enjoy it.  She didn't want my day to pass with no celebration at all though, so she made little mini Rice Krispie treat frosted cakes, which were delicious.  I did spend the evening with my family before getting back to work after the kids went to bed, so at least I had a small respite and a nice little celebration as a break from my grueling day.

No comments:

Post a Comment