Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Mules, Boos, and Brews

Today Jason and I flew to Savannah for a short getaway to celebrate our tenth anniversary, which is on Saturday. We didn't arrive until 3 and so, by the time we got our car and checked into the hotel, it was pretty much time for dinner. We ate at a restaurant on the river called Vic's, which we really enjoyed. We had drinks called Moscow Mules which we had never heard of, but were super refreshing and delicious. We also enjoyed excellent food. I love grits so I got the shrimp and grits and it was super good. We don't often have grits as an option in Kansas City so I hope to have them several times while here. After dinner, we did a haunted pub crawl called Boos and Brews. There are several to choose from in Savannah since it claims to be the most haunted city in America, but the one we went on was a little bit historic, not too serious, and not too scary. Which was perfect for me because I don't like scary things. We had a lot of fun walking around the historic district and learning about the city and having some drinks while doing it.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Anniversary! That sounds like a great trip! I've never been to Savannah, or really anywhere in that region, but would love too. I love Moscow Mules too! I like how they come in the copper mugs and are so unique tasting compared to your average cocktail - I suppose it doesn't hurt that I really like the taste of ginger.

    ReplyDelete