Sunday, March 31, 2013

A Day of Celebrations


Easter is a special day for us as Christians as we celebrate Jesus' resurrection from the grave and the salvation we have in Him.  Meghan and I really enjoy going to church on Easter morning if at all possible, and this year we were able to make it happen despite a tight schedule.  We went to the 9:30 service at LBC, and we were joined by Julie, Andrew, and Brent.  Afterward they then headed over to Mom and Ron's house, while our family went home first.  While there, I "hid" some eggs, and by that I mean I placed some eggs in plain view, such as between the diaper stacks in the TV shelf or just placed on the center cushion of the couch.  Joshua and Clara each found some eggs and seemed pretty satisfied with themselves.  We then gave them their Easter baskets which included small stuffed animal bunnies that Meghan constructed and sewed herself.

Then we headed over to Mom and Ron's for the second half of the day, which was a party to celebrate Grandpa and Grandma's 60th wedding anniversary.  We had some delicious Jack Stack BBQ for lunch and got to spend time hanging out, talking, and playing games, including playing a really fun game (a Boggle/Scrabble hybrid game) that was homemade by one of their friends.  We also presented them with some cards and gifts, and Grandpa unexpectedly took the floor, so to speak, and said some really wonderful words about Grandma and then played the song that they've adopted as their song, "You're My Best Friend".  I missed the very beginning of his speech, including his opening line of "Jeannie is my best friend", but the rest of it can be seen here

It was a really special day from beginning to end.  I'm so happy that we have salvation in Christ, and the next most important thing behind faith is family, and it was an honor to get to celebrate the 60th wedding anniversary of the couple who best models an ideal marriage more than any other that I know.   

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like a really nice Easter! I love the picture of the 3 kids. I think I might have to print that one, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meghan, I am also impressed you sewed the bunnies yourself. You are so crafty!

    ReplyDelete