Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Way Back Tuesday: The USS Missouri

Since Jason and I are getting ready to leave to go on a vacation to San Diego, I was thinking about other fun trips we have taken and I remembered the first time we went to Hawaii with Jim in 2005. Jason and I spent about a week in Maui together, which remains one of the top trips ever. Maui has so much natural beauty, but is also developed enough to be fun and safe and it has mountains, beaches, and a lot in between. We had a wonderful time. And then we met Jim, Julie, and Joanna in Honolulu. The congestion of Waikiki didn't hold a candle to Maui, but one thing that was absolutely incredible was seeing the Pearl Harbor memorial and the USS Missouri museum. This was something I wasn't sure I would enjoy because I am not exactly military history girl, but Jim really wanted to do it, and we weren't going to say no since he was so nice to take us on the trip. In the end, I was so glad he suggested it because it was really great and I am not sure we would have done it if he hadn't. I did decide to wear a skirt on a super windy battleship, which was not my best decision ever, but other than that, the day was awesome and it was so interesting, yet also a very solemn memorial. This was absolutely the highlight of our time in Honolulu and it was fun time that we all spent together.

No comments:

Post a Comment