Tuesday, March 5, 2013

A Disappointing Development


Although most of our books are out all the time, some are seasonal. One that we have had out recently is about Martin Luther King, Jr. Joshua is very interested in books, so he has been looking through this a lot. For whatever reason, every time he gets to the picture of MLK in front of the Lincoln Memorial, he points to the statue of Lincoln and says, "Mama!" And then repeats it with increasing urgency. Obviously something about this drawing really makes him think of me, which is pretty disappointing to me. Sometimes, he points at it and says, "Mama's shirt". So what I like to think is that Lincoln's coat reminds him of my winter coat, which does have lapels. I think that's a much preferable explanation versus either that I look like the statue or that I make questionable and masculine fashion choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment