Tuesday, March 19, 2013

A Long Way to Go For Some Food

Today I had a business meeting in Dallas.  The plan was to fly there in the morning, go to the meeting, and fly home in the late afternoon.  Instead, when I was about to take off for Dallas, I was notified that our meeting was canceled.  It was too late to get off the plane, as the cabin door was closing, so I flew to Dallas, booked earlier flights home, and then found a nice restaurant in the airport for lunch.  Then I headed to my gate and got on the plane.  I didn't have a direct flight either way, so I essentially flew to Dallas with two segments each there and back just so I could enjoy a meal in the airport.  That may not have been the best use of my company's money, but it couldn't be avoided.  Here I am in front of some sort of weird glass sculpture during the short time I was in the state of Texas.


No comments:

Post a Comment