Monday, March 18, 2013

Game Pioneer

I've long been a fan of making up random games using whatever equipment is around me.  So I was excited to see Joshua do something similar today.  He seems to love sports and balls and loves hitting things with other things, and he combined that by inventing his own game.  He's only two, so it's a basic game, and it consists of using a little wooden hammer/mallet from one of his toy sets to hit a yellow plastic ball around the house.  It's sort of like croquet, except he doesn't limit himself to hitting it through wickets; he just hits it across the floor and then tracks it down and hits it again, repeating this process over and over.  I'm excited for him to be a little older when we can start playing these types of games together, eventually being able to make up rules and scoring and things like that.  But for now I'm just happy to watch him have fun on his own.  

No comments:

Post a Comment