Sunday, March 24, 2013

Big Girl in a Big Bed

When you have two kids a year or so apart, you have two main options: you can buy two cribs or you can move your older child to a bed earlier than most people do. Joshua made this decision easy for us when Clara was ready for the crib because he started climbing out of his crib at 14 months, forcing us to move him to a bed, even though I didn't even move Clara to that crib until he was 18 months old. This made things a bit harder when it comes to Clara and Hannah because overall I feel Clara has a harder time with transition than Joshua, but I also was not terribly motivated to buy a crib to use for only one kid for a year or less. So we decided to try her in the toddler bed and see how it went. Surprisingly, it has gone super smoothly with no problems whatsoever. We started at nap and she cried only a minute or two longer than normal and that was a couple days ago and there have been no issues. I was pretty nervous that she would freak out about it, but she has adjusted really well so I guess we will stick with one crib.

1 comment:

  1. That is great! Because Lexi was technically a foster child at that age, they required her to be in a bed by 15 months. I was very frustrated cuz I didn't think she was ready. So in order to have her adjusted by 15 months I had to start at 12 months cuz there couldn't be a crib in her room if they popped in for an inspection(which they did). And it was hard from time to time, but she did very well. I did have to put a baby gate up in her doorway so she wouldn't get up in the middle of the night and hurt herself. Good Job!

    ReplyDelete