Thursday, July 18, 2013

A Hat-Loving Welcoming Committee



After eight long days in California, I finally arrived home today.  Part of the time was in San Mateo and part in Los Angeles, with an eight-hour bus ride in between.  It was actually quite a productive trip, as we learned a lot of new things to help us prepare for the new sales year.  Additionally, it was a chance for me to see some of my coworkers who I don't get to see very often, including Steve and Kevin, two of my best friends who have since moved away from the Kansas City office, and others who I only get to see at this event each year.  Still, eight days is a long time to be away from my family, so I was very happy to arrive home this evening and have Meghan and all the kids (and animals) there to greet me.  We decided to take a picture on the couch.  It was already informal, as Joshua was just wearing his underwear due to his potty training, but then he also wanted to wear a hat, so he grabbed his K-State baseball cap.  Soon Clara thought that was unfair and wanted to wear a hat too, so she grabbed a knitted hat.  Hannah started reaching for it, so we put it on her and then gave Clara a stocking cap.  So in the end, we had a picture of me with all three kids, all wearing hats.  In July.  I missed all of these crazy guys (including those not pictured) and am very glad to be home with all of them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment