Tuesday, July 16, 2013

L.A. Guns

Every year at our Kickoff meeting, we have one main party. In 2009, it was a biker-themed party (it's too bad that was the year before we started our blog, so I don't have a post and pictures for it), and in 2010 it was on a boat in the San Francisco Bay. We didn't have Kickoff in 2011, and in 2012 it was a non-themed party. This year they had a theme again, and it was a "Wear your best beach gear" theme.  The theme wasn't properly communicated ahead of time, so some of us (including me) hadn't packed anything specifically for the party.  But I had packed my swimsuit and shirt that I wear to the pool in case we went swimming at the hotel pool.  You can also swim at a beach, I rationalized, so that became my outfit for the party.  It actually paid off, because it was held at The Strand House in Manhattan Beach, which is right by the ocean, so several of us went down to the water, and I conveniently was appropriately attired for the situation. There were two others who went with the sleeveless approach, my good friend Michael (in the Florida shirt), who's also from KC, and my friend C.J. (in the red and white striped shirt), who clearly needs to put in some work to try to tone up those flabby arms.  Or not.  I'm pretty sure he was well aware of the theme and intentionally planned to wear that shirt, which if I had those biceps, I probably would too.

No comments:

Post a Comment