Friday, July 26, 2013

A Projectile Project

Today our project wasn't really very much of a project. I made Joshua a wrecking ball by putting a tennis ball into a knee high and told him to build a tower and showed him how to knock it down. He really liked it. If I had to do it over again, I would use a men's dress sock I think. The knee-high was too long and stretchy. He spent some time building towers and knocking them down. But then he moved on to other things.
First he wanted to show Hannah the awesome he held in his hand. But for whatever reason she wasn't that impressed, which seemed to be slightly disappointing to Joshua. Then he spent a lot of time knocking over anything he could find, including one very unfortunate duplo man. Then he spent a lot of time just throwing it through the air and trying to hit things with it, though he didn't get too out-of-hand because I told him I would take it if he was too rough. It was a fun little activity for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment