Friday, July 5, 2013

Swimming and Sonic

For my date day with Clara, I decided to take her swimming.  The Black Bob Bay pool in Heritage Park in Olathe normally doesn't open to the public until 12:30, but three days a week they have a toddler swim in the morning.  So we broke out our swim gear for the first time since Florida and headed to the pool.  Clara was a little nervous at first, and in fact she most of the time she clung to me while I moved around in the pool.  I brought her float but decided to just hold her and carry her around.  A couple times I let her stand on her own in the shallow part, and while she kind of liked it, she was also a little scared.  We didn't have much time during toddler swim, so we ended up going back in during the general session to get in some more pool time.  After we were done, we went where everyone should go on a hot summer day: Sonic.   We ate outside, but Clara had to stand on the seat the entire time because she was too short to reach up while sitting, but that didn't stop her from demolishing a hot dog, tots, and a strawberry slushy for a yummy post-pool lunch.

1 comment: