Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Kids of Walmart


Today I took all three kids big grocery shopping at Walmart. I am kind of proud of it. Walmart is not ideal for that because they just have regular carts so I can only put one kid in it. But I needed enough non-food items that I knew no other store would have everything I needed. I normally try to shop on Wednesdays, when Ron and Peg have the kids, but even though I have cut out pretty much every non-productive part of my Wednesdays (much to my dismay, I miss my time to read), I still struggle to get everything I need to do done. And grocery shopping is something I can do with the kids, unlike some of my more-involved cleaning tasks or running in and out of several places which would take twice as long with kids. They did a really great job, especially Joshua who walked and didn't touch too many things and was happy carrying his ear of corn through the store (he has past experience in this area). I am not sure they really realize that you can buy things from Walmart because they didn't really ask for anything, but I did buy them suckers at the end for a treat since they did such a great job. They made a huge sticky mess with them and enjoyed every minute of it. Until they passed out from exhaustion and possibly the sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment