Monday, October 28, 2013

A Golden Delicious Opportunity


Joshua loves apples, and he has loved them since he was very little.  This morning he was downstairs with me while I was getting ready for work.  I needed to go out to my car for a minute, and when I came back in I saw that he had taken the opportunity to get the helping tower, push it over to the side of the kitchen island closest to the fruit bowl, climb up on the helping tower, grab an apple from the fruit bowl, climb back down and then up to a kitchen chair, and take a seat at the table and begin chowing down on his apple.  It was a little disappointing because he clearly instantly started his plan of action as soon as I walked out the door, knowing that it probably wasn't an approved activity.  But when I came in and asked him what happened, he told me exactly what he had done (he's always honest about his actions, so far anyway).  If he would have just asked me, I would have let him do it, but he must have thought I wouldn't have gone for it, and thus had to take matters (and thus the apple) into his own hands.  Oh, and it was actually a Honeycrisp apple, but I couldn't resist the play on words with Golden Delicious for the title of this post.

1 comment:

  1. Joshua has good tastes- honeycrisp apples are the best. They are great just on their own, but I also like to chop them up, add some raisins and heat them in the microwave for 2 minutes- then it feels like you are eating dessert

    ReplyDelete